Chicagoland Prison Outreach Mission Statement
Chicagoland Prison Outreach exists to show God’s love to offenders and their families by teaching the Gospel, providing educational programs and biblical mentoring, and equipping them to live productive, godly lives.
Chicagoland Prison Outreach Vision Statement
CPO envisions a world where offenders make a lifelong commitment to Christ and become leaders in their community and God’s kingdom.
Chicagoland Prison Outreach Values
Chicagoland Prison Outreach is committed to serving participants with Biblically oriented, relationship-building services that help men and women find purpose and meaning in Him.
- We commit ourselves to teaching the gospel
- We dedicate ourselves to making disciples
- We serve and care for families
- We believe in empowering through education
- We recognize the importance of building lasting relationships
- We pursue holistic living
- We believe in transforming lives
- We aspire to prepare a path to success
- We affirm the importance of equipping vocationally
- We realize that leadership development enables our success
CPO Statement of Faith
We govern our ministry by the following core beliefs:
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in his virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential and that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender and class differences.