Chicago Inmates Need the Good News
Chicagoland Prison Outreach is a Christian organization that exists to tangibly bring the love of Christ to hurting men and women. We believe prison inmates need someone to show them who Jesus is and what He has done—and we orient our ministries around Biblical principles accordingly. Because we at CPO believe the Bible to be the inspired, only infallible, authoritative Word of God, we have based all of our programs on Biblical principles.
CPO Statement of Faith
We govern our ministry by the following core beliefs:
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in his virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential and that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender and class differences.